My professional training consists of the following educational endeavours:
Registration with the College of Massage Therapist of Ontario, 2018
- OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) practical exam
- Multiple Choice Question exam
- Vulnerable Sector Check (Toronto Police)
Diploma in Massage Therapy, 2018
- 2-year (2200 hour)
- from Kikkawa College.
- Course work included anatomy, pathophysiology, clinical assessment and treatment, research literacy, and techniques such as myofascial release, Thai Massage, and Suikodo (Neuroplastic Massage technique; see more about this from my teacher) in addition to the usual swedish and petrissage repertoire.
- over 200 supervised general and specialized clinic hours including clients in wheelchairs, without speech capability, and neuropathology.
Pendotion™ Fascial Movement
- certified movement coach 2017 and 2018
- trained by founder, Charlene Sullivan (mainfitness.ca)
- learned restorative movements and positions and theory and research behind them
Introduction to Shiatsu Massage, 2008
- taught by Snjezana Pruginic-Delgado
- included basic techniques and positioning
- practiced on the floor using mats
I must credit my very first teachers/clients who continue to educate me in every aspect of movement and release: cats and dogs.